Established more than 25 years ago, Kathleen M. Newman Family Law has earned its reputation as one of the Twin Cities area’s leading Family Law practices. Firm founder Kathy Newman, along with her colleague Barbara Seibel, are uniquely skilled and experienced in handling complex financial, parenting and custody challenges in divorce.
Kathy’s Unique Focus
Setting Ms. Newman apart from other Family Law practitioners is her unique focus on clients whose business and financial interests require smart and sophisticated counsel for discovery, negotiations and potential court representation. Her holistic approach to handling divorce cases means that all her clients’ needs are met and not just the ones that affect their financial well-being.
When children are involved, Kathy sets herself apart through her strong advocacy of custody, support and parenting agreements that meet long-term needs. Although she rarely represents children directly, her counsel to clients always keeps a child’s interests in the mix of negotiations.
- Board-Certified as a Family Law Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- A skilled mediator in the Minnesota ADR Statewide Neutrals Roster in all categories of Family Neutrals
- Trained at the internationally renowned Hudson Institute of Santa Barbara as a certified Life Coach
- Recognized by Minnesota Law & Politics as a Super Lawyer
- Consistent placement on Family Law’s Top 40 Super Lawyers list
- Named among the Top 100 Women Super Lawyers by Minneapolis-St. Paul Magazine
- Included every year since 1993 on the list of Best Lawyers in America (Family Law)
- A Fellow in the prestigious American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers